The phone/internet in ze house is still broken. EVIL. To the nth degree. Grr…. so here’s my cellphone in case you need to find me: 781.325.5880
On Friday I got my eyes checked. Apparently I have a miled case
of astigmatism in both eyes. But it’s not enough to warrant
getting those funky special contax, which is good, cuz they’re bigger,
and grosser, and cost more. My vision hasn’t gotten too much
worse he said. I also went to Paul’s house and saw joYEE
[aka bah-nee] and her cool worship team friends. We had food and
Mike ate. A lot. And he’s now 6 pounds overweight *sigh*.
Saturday I got up early and went to help at the soup kitchen. It
wasn’t what I expected; it was grittier, seedier, not as clean or
cheery or white and shiny as like Rosie’s Place or the Framingham Civic
Center… but then again a soup kitchen – what SHOULD I have
expected? It was a shelter for alcoholics and it was a wet
shelter meaning that the inhabitants DON’T have to be clean of drugs or
alcohol. So technically, all the people we served could’ve been
high or drunk. But they seemed completely OK which I’m thankful
for. They were totally civil, polite, and grateful. We
served them fried chicken, corn on the cob (then salad when we ran
out), mashed potatoes, and gravy. I also helped peel potatoes
beforehand. We ate lunch at Solomon Pond Mall and then we saw
Chronicles of Narnia. It was good; the CG for Aslan for instance is absolutely phenomenal;
his mane and eyes and everything. The battle scene with all the
interesting animals is also really sweet. Yay for the
resurrection of one of my favorite childhood books (and BBC
videos). We went out to dinner last night for
parents anniversary too. I was up kinda late preparing the set
and also prepping my Secret Santa Present
*gasp*! I wonder who it was I bought gifts
for? *shrug* guess we’ll never know (or rather, YOU’ll never know)
I led worship this morning and I felt the set was pretty good. Threw in some songs we haven’t done in awhile:
i. I Stand in Awe of You
ii. Angels We Have Heard on High
iii. When God Ran [into…]
iv. Come Home Running
And Pastor Jay came to speak. It’s always
good when he comes. He also brought his posse of counselors and
youth; Becky (one of the girls who went) told me there were 11 of
them. So, adding in Joy and her friends, and Tee and Tam (Joyce’s
cousins), Allisence and her friends, and Kyle (Frances’ friend) we
had… 20 people we don’t normally have so we doubled
attendance. Jay’s message was good.
I’m going to hang out with Will tomorrow… then try and hang out with
Dave on Thursday I think. I have apps to finish though.
Blah, much to do.
Ok I’m out. And here’s a survey for fun which reveals much about me (err.. right)
o heart of mine come back HOME
you’ve been too long out on your own
and He’s been there all along
watching for you down the road.
100 Facts About Me
001. Your First Name: Gregory
002. Your Middle Name: which one?… Philip John Hou-En
003. Place of Birth: Pittsburgh, PA
004. Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
005. Male or Female: Male
006. Your last name: Hsu
007. School: Phillips Acadamy (though we prefer to say Andover since it sounds less pompous)
008. Birthday: December 11th
009. Residence: Lincoln, MA (or Andover, MA)
010. Screen Name: HSUsYOURdaDDY
012. Hair Color: Black
013. Hair Long or Short: short. some call it “soldier” short.
014. Eye Color: brown
015. How do your nails look: cut and clean (i trimmed them recently. yay it helps with piano)
016. Height: 5′ 4″ -ish
017. Do you have a crush on someone: i’m current unafflicted *phew*
021. Piercings: nope
022. Tattoos: hahaha no, but I’m old enough to
023. Righty or Lefty: rightey. we live longer
024. First friend: first friend? Jake Rogell (im’ not sure exactly how to spell his last name) in school at lesat.
025. Real friend: from Pittsburgh, that’d be Jake. from Lincoln
Schools, that’d be Will Quayle in 1st grade and all the way up to 8th
grade through Shady Hill.
026. First best friend(s): FIRST best friend? that’d also be Will. I kinda thought that was implied.
027. First award: whoa.. umm in Chinese school i recited that “xiao lao
shu” poem for 1st place which was funny… i dunno, other stuff
I guess but i remember that one.
028. First Sport You Joined: soccer i suppose. then baseball. and now i’m a 3-season runner.
029. First pet: fish i guess, but we never really had pets.
030. First vacation: oh geez, i can’t remember. i’ve been traveling since before i have memories of the places.
031. First Concert: technically i’ve never been to one
*gasp* don’t kill me. how bout the concerts that
worship team does? like.. at retreats or like the Thxgiving one? i like
PLAYING in those
033. Movie: snatch, the last samurai, das boot, hero, master and commander, plenty more…
036. Artist/band: david crowder, chris tomlin, matt redman, lifehouse,
switchfoot, casting crowns, goo goo dolls, howie day, john mayer,
something corporate (if ONLY for the one song), maroon 5, third eye
blind… many more.
037. Song: hmm… i guess it’s Everything by Lifehouse. For other Christian songs? I dunno, Obsession by David Crowder Band, or Facedown by Matt Redman. For secular… Konstantine by Something Corporate, Ghost by Howie Day (but the long and echoey one that doesn’t turn into “beams of light” or lots of swearing on his part), Split Screen Sadness by John Mayer.. Oh goodness, I’m just listing my “:(” list aren’t I. Ok enough.
038. Food: ICE CREAM is my favorite staple snack probably cuz i only
get it once a week at PA. Umm.. tong meen (noodle soup) from
Chinatown or even at home is good, my Mom’s cooking, pizza is a
039. Drink: orange juice is good, sodas (except for root beer or mountain dew)
040. Candy: for chocolate I like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. For others… Starburst, Jolly Ranchers, and Sour Patch Kidz.
041. Sport: Running; XC, Track. And somebody’s gonna go and whine
“running’s not a sport” I’m sure. At our level it sure is.
045. School: Umm… I’m at Andover. That would be my
favorite. I want to get into Harvard… Yale is a close “second”
choice (I don’t want to sound all high & mighty, i got deferred
046. Animal: Cats are good, and with that, tigers. Pigs are cool too,
small and cute ones, not like FAT and MEATful ones. And rabbits
are loveable. that’s it i guess. i don’t have a “favorite”
047. Books: Miracle at St. Anna by James McBride.
048. Magazines: don’t have.
049. Eating: nothing.
050. Drinking: nada.
051. Money in pocket? $8.00 in Ones.
053. Listening to: the whirring sound of the computers, i’m at the Library but if I weren’t i’d be listening ot my “PUMPED” playlist, the one I put up a week ago.
055. Wanting: to have the internet fixed at my house.
056. Watching: the clock to know how long i’ve been here.
057. Wearing: Old Navy green “State” shirt, Old Navy button-down shirt,
Old Navy jeans (oh goodness gracious), and … crap Old Navy
fleece. This is absolutley RIDICULOUS. i swear it’s not
normally this bad. OH WAIT!!! I’m also wearing my Andover Track
Jacket. man that’s awful. normally it’s not this bad i
058. Want Kids?: Yeah when I’m in a good and happy state of mind about the world. So yeah in general yes.
059. Want to Get Married?: Definitely.
060. Careers in Mind: I’m technically going pre-med (my apps all say
“MEDICINE”) but i’m open to law too (like my Mom I suppose, and my
parents have NOT pushed me in either direction). Social science I
guess with the aim of working in the gov’t, not like a senator or
anything, but working in a department. I dunno just musing.
_Which is Better With The Opposite Sex_
067. Cute or Sexy: … that depends on my mood haha. no, normally it’s cute.
068. Lips or Eyes: eyes, i don’t normally look at people’s lips unless there’s something wrong…
069. Hugs or Kisses: this question is awkward.
070. Short or Tall: ahahaha I obviously prefer a girl who’s shorter
than I am, but Becca was not – it’s really not THAT important unless
she TOWERS over me.
071. Easy-going or serious: she’s gotta be both or she and i will not
work out. i’m a goofball with friends for one minute, then i’m very
serious in a conversation or something a minute later. i think
it’s necessary to be a good friend (let alone gf) to be able to be both
072. Romantic or Spontaneous: they’re not really opposite who thought
of this. romantic I guess. spontaneous? sure that
too. like I said, I don’t see how “choosing” one of these makse
073. Fatty or Skinny: skinny, in a normal sense, not like … watchband
skinny. healthy. athletic. wait, that’s not in THIS
074. Sensitive or Loud: Sensitive. and how the heck are these
OPPOSITE? is that to say that loud people are not
sensitive? in that case sensitive means like “how sensitive are
you to NOISE?” stupid survey.
077. Trouble Maker or Hesitant one: Trouble maker is an extreme and
hesitant one is in the middle. I’m a little of both, both rebel
and reserved (more often the second I guess). I’d say NOT a
trouble maker cuz then I’d have to go… I dunno, dealing with it, or
cleaning it up, or rescuing her or whatnot. How bout normal.
___Have You Ever___
078. Kissed a Stranger: wth? haha no
079. Drank Bubbles: wut does THAT mean? does champagne count?
080. Lost glasses/contacts: yup contax
081. Ran Away From Home: i said i was at the time but it really wasn’t.
082. Broken a Bone: I’ve broken toes.
083. Gotten an X-ray: yeah i think so
084. Broken Someone’s Heart: … i actually don’t know. i would
think that i did (what i did certinaly had the… capacity to do so I
think), but you’d have to ask her.
085. Broken Up With Someone: yeah
087. Cried When Someone Died: no… not many people have died in my lifetime
088. Cried At School: i love it school. read my essays, they talk about tears and whatnot. put 2 and 2 together.
___Do You Believe In___
089. God: of course.
090. Miracles: my God does them.
091. Love At First Sight: sure
092. Ghosts: yeah
093. Aliens: why not. but not in particular, i’m not afraid that martians will take us over liek in War of the Worlds.
095. Heaven: yes
096. Hell: yes
098. Kissing on the first date: umm probably not
099. Horoscopes: haha no
100. Is there someone that you want but you know you can’t have?: a
deep question huh? no i’m cured as far as i know. i know i
still have a sore spot about it; i tried so hard and she still said
“no, just friends” which is disappointing… so i guess you could say
that when i see a picture of her or her or something i feel a sting.
but NO, not in any real sense.